I have a delicious recipe that is easy for weeknights AND fancy enough for guests…what can be better then that? I discovered easy-peel raw shrimp a few years ago and love cooking it up on nights when I forget to defrost some other type of meat. Shrimp is nutritious and I’m lucky my 4 year old loves it too. This shrimp scampi recipe is healthier then a traditional scampi since the sauce doesn’t contain cream, but I promise, it is loaded with yumminess!
Go make some and your guests will be impressed by your fanciness! Here’s everything you need:
- 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti (or use gluten-free version)
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli florets
- Your favorite cooking spray
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons canola oil or coconut oil
- 8-10 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup unsalted chicken stock or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved or grated (about 1/4 cup)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add broccoli in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet (or dutch oven, if doubling the recipe) over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes on each side. Remove shrimp from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low heat. Add butter and oil; swirl to coat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add stock; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- DON'T SKIP THIS NEXT STEP! Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir cornstarch mixture into stock mixture with a whisk; cook 1 minute. Stir in shrimp, pasta mixture, parsley, rind, juice, and salt; cook 1 minute, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
This light dish is barely over 400 calories per serving and jam packed with flavor. I even made it for my gluten free guests by using gluten free spaghetti (affiliate). Go make it tonight and it may end up as one of your favorite dishes too. Pin this one to save and share it!