I have a Dinotrux superfan at my house! He watches the show, plays with the toys and even eats yogurt because it has Dinotrux characters printed on the container. Since my son received all of the toy figures for Christmas, it made sense that he wanted his birthday cupcakes to have his favorite guys on top! I LOVE to decorate cupcakes and cakes, so I was excited for this task. While searching online, I determined there are very few options for Dinotrux cupcake toppers. Therefore, this crafty girl got to work! I took my own photos and created cupcake toppers using the toy figures my son already owns. They were fun to make and now YOU can download the file for free!
- Free printable for the Cupcake Toppers found here
- Photo paper (matte or glossy) and printer
- 4.5″ Lollipop sticks
- Double sided tape
- 2″ circular hole punch (affiliate link)
- Frosted cupcakes
- Download this file, then print it on photo paper.
- Use a 2″ hole punch to cut out each Dinotrux character.
- Next, center a piece of double sided tape to one cut-out and then place a lollipop stick in the middle.
- Take a second cut-out and center it on top of the lollipop stick. Make sure both Dinotrux are facing straight so they aren’t sideways!
- Make a bunch for your cupcakes because friends will LOVE these!
- Gently place the cupcake topper in the center of the cupcakes then celebrate!
These cupcake toppers aren’t edible, but they’re still awesome! Oh, and these were designed for my son’s 1/2 birthday, since summer birthdays are celebrated that way at his school. If his interests remain the same in 6 months, then I’ll be sure to create AND share much more DIY Dinotrux party projects. Pin this post to save it, enjoy your cupcakes and make sure to trux it up!