Muggles beware! When my kids asked for a Harry Potter-themed party, my first thought was, “This is going to stress me out.” Then I went to Pinterest and was even more overwhelmed (not an uncommon feeling for me – you can read about THAT here). But, as I started letting the pins inspire my own thoughts, the fun began. I made Golden Snitches and I’m sharing a free printable PDF!
These were a hit and ended up being quite simple to make – totally worth a little time cutting for the end result! I used Ferrero Rocher chocolates and Lindt’s White Chocolate Lindor Truffles as the snitch. With a glue dot on the tab of each wing, assembly went quickly. Ready to make your own? Here’s what you need and how to do it!
- Free Printable Wings – download here!
- Lindt White Chocolate Truffles (affiliate)
- Or Ferrero Rochers (affiliate)
- Glue dots (affiliate)
- Download and print wings at 100%. There are seven pairs of wings per page, so you’ll have to do a little math to figure out how many pages to print based on how many people or candies you’re planning for.
- Cut around the edges.
- Apply to either side of a candy with glue dots. That’s it!
With a tray of Golden Snitches ready to go, we handed them out after each party participant finished a broom relay!
The party was so much fun! Our girls’ friends weren’t all Potter maniacs, so we kept things simple and easy. As an added movie reference, we handed out gold coins to each kid as they came in (from Gringotts bank) and they turned them in at the end of the party for some candy and a cupcake at the Honeydukes table. The Potter fans loved the touches, but the other kids didn’t feel left out. Win-win! When it comes down to it, kids want to play, have fun and eat cake. My kids were thrilled with the awesome time with their friends and we enjoyed ourselves a ton!
Pin this one to save it for your own party planning!