Even if you’ve tried brussels sprouts before and not fallen in love, you’re going to LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe!
Start by peeling and trimming off the small stalks and cutting each one in half. Next, give them a rinse.
Add oil, pepper, salt and garlic powder to a stainless steel pan. Make sure you cook these in stainless steel or your sprouts won’t get that nutty, crisp flavor and texture. My favorite pan is the (affiliate) All-Clad 3-Quart Saute Pan with Lid. I cook with it almost every night and I love the flavor it gives to my meat, too!
With the cut side down, add each brussels sprout, place the lid on top, and cook for 8 minutes.
Check out the light crispiness. Next, squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top.
Plate and serve! My guests thought there were more steps and ingredients to this easy dish. Some detected Parmesan cheese and others tasted nuts. Everyone agreed I should make these again. Go ahead and try them out for an easy and very nutritious veggie side dish!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 12oz. brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon, optional
- In a stainless pan, heat a tablespoon or so of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- With a heavy hand, sprinkle kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder into pan.
- When pan is nice and hot (1-2 minutes), place brussels sprouts cut side down. If the brussels sizzle, that's a good sign!
- Place tight fitting lid on pan and turn heat to medium low.
- Set time for 8 minutes and don't lift pan lid or disturb the pan.
- When timer goes off, remove pan from heat and sprinkle brussels with a drizzle of fresh lemon juice.