I have a 9 month old who puts just about EVERYTHING in his mouth. Yup, my little man tries to put the grossest things in there …he’s a big lover of shoes, dog food, the toilet and the oven door. I’m working to minimize the yuckiness when I can and if I clean things with an all-natural cleaner, it makes me happy. Hopefully this baby won’t be ingesting many chemicals if his Momma can help it. I also love a good DIY, so when I learned of this awesome cleaner from my sister-in-law, I jumped to it. It was super simple to make and the only challenge was waiting the three weeks to use it.
- Large mason jar with lid (aff)
- About 10 orange, lemon or lime peels (depending upon the size of your jar)
- Spray bottle (aff)
- Download the FREE printable label for your DIY cleaner
- Fill your mason jar with citrus peels. My family eats loads of oranges all spring, so it was easy to save them and toss in the jar.
- Once you have about ten in the mason jar, fill the remainder of it with vinegar.
- Wait about three weeks to let the citrus peels ferment. If you choose orange and it still has a bit of a vinegar smell when you open the lid, drop in about a tablespoon of lemon juice or several drops of essential oil and stir.
- Then use a strainer to extract the peels and pour just the liquid into a spray bottle.
- Next, attach a label, so everyone in your home knows EXACTLY what wonderful magic is inside this spray bottle. Use this one that we made for you! You can make it waterproof by wrapping clear packing tape around the label.
- Lastly, transform yourself into Mrs (or Mr) Clean by using this just about anywhere! Remember to test an inconspicuous spot first if using on an area that is porous. Oh, and since it has citrus and vinegar, you should avoid using it on granite.
I just love spraying everything in my kitchen and bathrooms. It works wonders both inside and outside my oven! Don’t be stingy with it. Use it everywhere because it costs PENNIES to make. Go ahead and give it a try. Spray everywhere from sinks, kitchen appliances, toilets, mirrors, windows, cutting boards, high chair trays to fruits AND veggies too! I’m kicking myself for not having this around when my first baby was little, so I’m planning to give it to a few new moms so they can rest easier at night too. You’ll LOVE this stuff.